The Tecnun Resilience research team is focused on the development of resilient and sustainable urban areas. Their main projects concern about the capacities of cities to face both foreseen and unforeseen crisis derived from climate change, critical infrastructures dependencies, social dynamics and cyber attacks. To that end, the research team is expert in different techniques: group model building (GMB), system dynamics, Delphi Study and focus group. In the last years, the coordination and participation in European and local projects have centered the research in the challenges caused by climate change and cybersecurity.
Currently in Tecnun Resilience we are working in:
• The evaluation and management models to develop resilience in urban areas in order to better prepare, respond and recover from the crisis derived from climate change, critical infrastructures dependencies and social dynamics.
• Development of new governance model in the urban areas in the climate change context.
• Frameworks to manage the public, private, people partnership to better implement the city resilience strategies.
• Frameworks to develop the awareness of city stakeholders to improve the implementation of the city resilience strategies.
• Frameworks to develop cyberresilience in companies to better prepare, respond and recover to cyber attacks.
We use several research techniques: group model building (GMB), system dynamics, Delphi Study y focus group.
We actively collaborate with other universities like University of Agder in Norway, with national city councils such as Donostia and Tolosa, and international like Kristiansand in Norway or Rome in Italy. Also, we keep a close relationship with consultancies like ICLEI and CEN-CENELEC.