Research Training Program in Biology
Further requirements of the Diploma in Research Training Program in Biology include:
• A satisfactory performance on the program for at least TWO academic years. To evaluate this aspect, confidential reports by the assigned tutor will be taken into consideration. As a rough guideline, a student should dedicate approximately 100 hours per academic year to program activities. The Research Training Program is compatible with carrying out at least one research project at a research center overseas with which the School of Sciences has established a partnership agreement.
• Completion of the Final Year Project on a topic of original research in experimental Biology.
• Presentation and oral defense (in English) of the Final Year Project before a tribunal appointed for that purpose.
• It would be included in the official transcript of records the realization of the Research Training Program.
• Payment the issuance of the Diploma.
- The Research Training Program in Biology does not include undergraduate courses, and its activities are not recognized or eligible for ECTS credits, with the exception of the Final Year Project.
- Some activities or seminars specific to students of the Research Training Program in Biology may be organized during the month of June.
- The number of places is limited.
- Depending on the availability of places and the preferences of the student, he or she may change Department for the second year of the program.
- The diploma will appear in the European Degree Supplement section of the student's transcript.
- The Research Training Program in Biology is compatible with other Diplomas of the School of Sciences.
Students who have taken the Research Training Program in Biology have admission preference to complete research training on Master's Programs and official Doctoral Programs at the School of Sciences.