International context and intercultural negotiation
The process of globalization of markets has led to the internationalization of an increasing number of companies. This has implied the need, on the part of these organizations, to adapt to a new reality and to the new requirements derived from its new international dimension. But in addition to knowing the new international context, it is important that they know the particularities of the different cultures of the countries where they are established or with which they maintain commercial relations, so that personal relatinships are fluid and negotiation is favored.
Therefore, we consider it of great importance that people who are preparing themselves to take positions of responsibility in companies acquire the necessary knowledge to understand the reality of the organizations that intervene internationally as well as the cultural differences between the different areas of the world, to be able to manage them properly.
Through this course, the objective is that the students:
- Understand the different existing blocks in the world, as well as the organizations that operate in the international environment.
- Be aware of cultural differences and how they affect our forms of negotiation, leadership, conflict resolution and collaboration.
- Understand in detail how cultural differences affect personal values and preferences in daily life
- Understand that what is natural, accepted, good in one culture does not have to be in another
- Recognize, analyze and evaluate the existence of values or dimensions that significantly affect intercultural relations.
- Anticipate the potential problems that may arise in an intercultural relationship.
- Establish the most appropriate formulas to avoid the emergence of intercultural conflicts, as well as their possible solutions.
- Know more significant cultural differences in different cultures.