Student mentoring is a commitment by the Universidad de Navarra. The mentor is an essential figure who accompanies students through their academic journey, facilitating a personalized development plan.
The mentor offers students information, training and guidance on the different aspects of university life:
- The improvement of intellectual preparation and academic performance.
- The development of a professional profile and professional aptitudes.
- The student’s motivation in their own educational process.
- The encouragement of creativity, autonomous learning and responsibility.
- Advice with academic and professional decision making.
The mentoring has its own characteristics that differentiate it from other possible student-professor relations:
> It is personal: providing individual advice and guidance.
> It is voluntary, and therefore it is not assessed and does not make up part of the academic curriculum.
> It is university focused: the mentoring enables students to discover other horizons beyond those that are strictly academic.