Imagen subrayado titulo


  • Enrollment

    1. Enrollment takes place just once per academic year and, once formalized, is irrevocable. Nonetheless, students may make changes to their enrollment, with due cause, within 10 days of formalizing enrollment. It is recommended that students carefully read the enrollment report that includes the subjects that the student has enrolled in; if any mistakes are noticed, they must be corrected as soon as possible (right away, if possible) and within the abovementioned 10-day period in any case. After this period, any changes in enrollment must be proposed in a written request containing the reasons for the request.

    2. In their enrollment for each academic year, students must first include the basic and required subjects that have not been taken in previous academic years.

    3. To complete their elective credits, students must enroll in elective subjects from the curriculum of their degree program whenever they are offered.

    4. Enrollment must be formalized with a minimum of 40 credits and a maximum of 78 credits (with a margin of tolerance of 2 credits for both the minimum and the maximum).

    Some degree programs may have certain conditions for enrollment in a given academic year or for the second half of the degree program.

    - for the degree programs in Audiovisual Communication, Journalism, and Advertising and Public Relations, students must have completed 30 credits from the first academic year in order to enroll in the second academic year, and they must have completed 96 credits in the first half of the degree program in order to enroll in the second half.

    - for the Degree in Architecture, the enrollment of students with failed subjects from the preliminary module (Mathematics, Physics, Geometry, Architectural Drawing, Analysis of Forms and Elements of Composition) will depend on the student's academic performance in the previous academic year.

    - for the Degree in Construction, the enrollment of students with failed subjects from the preliminary module (Mathematics, Physics, Geometry, Graphic Expression and Materials) will depend on the student's academic performance in the previous academic year.

  • Permanencia en los estudios

    1. La permanencia de los alumnos en los estudios de grado de la Universidad se limita a un período que comprende dos cursos más de los establecidos en los planes de estudios correspondientes.

    2. No obstante, agotado tal plazo, podrá ser ampliado en uno o dos cursos más para aquellos alumnos que hayan obtenido la mayoría de los créditos de la titulación, y justifiquen no haber podido prestar la debida dedicación a los estudios por razones suficientemente justificadas y dignas de consideración.

    3. La ampliación deberá solicitarse, dentro del último curso de permanencia, mediante la instancia dirigida al Rectorado de la Universidad, que resolverá previo informe de la Junta Directiva del Centro.

    4. Los alumnos de primer curso de grado que en el conjunto de las convocatorias de un año académico no hayan obtenido un mínimo de 12 ECTS en titulaciones de la Rama de Ingeniería y Arquitectura y 18 ECTS en el resto de las ramas, correspondientes a materias obligatorias o básicas, no podrán continuar sus estudios en la titulación para el que se hubiesen matriculado.

    5. Excepcionalmente, estos alumnos podrán ser admitidos, por una sola vez, para iniciar en la Universidad de Navarra otra titulación distinta de la anteriormente cursada y en laque existan plazas vacantes. Si tampoco aprobasen el número de ECTS indicados en el párrafo anterior, no podrán continuar sus estudios en la Universidad.

  • Assessment examination sessions

    1. Student may take a maximum of four assessment examination sessions (two sessions per academic year) for each subject, except as indicated in point 6 for those who cannot continue their curriculum. Students who fail to pass a subject following the third examination session must request an extension of two additional sessions; the request must be formalized within the month following the publication of scores from the third examination session by means of a substantiated written request addressed to the dean or director of the center.

    2. Enrollment in each subject entails the right to assessment of the ordinary and extraordinary examination sessions in the academic year for which enrollment is formalized. Some subjects or tests (required in certain cases to finalize the degree program) may have only one examination session, as established in their curriculum.

    3. Students may not voluntarily choose to withdraw from assessment examination sessions, but they may be excused from those which they cannot attend due to a duly justified reason, claimed by means of a formal request addressed to the dean or director of the center, within the time period that is set for each academic year. Students who successfully withdraw from an examination session in a subject may not attend the exam in question.

    4. Withdrawals obtained only have an effect for academic purposes and therefore do not imply the full or partial canceling of the subject, and they only have an effect on the examination session and associated subject; as a result, they do not have economic effects.

  • Recognition of certain activities

    1. Participation in university cultural, sports, student council, fraternal and cooperative activities that are approved by the Office of the Executive Council or by each Center will receive academic recognition, up to a maximum of 6 elective credits, in accordance with the provisions in each curriculum.

    2. The required application form should be submitted to the Center in question. Credits obtained must be made effective with the Office of the Registrar. The value of these credits is the same as the value of credits for enrolled subjects.

    3. Students who have enrolled in elective subjects cannot cancel their enrollment in them if they subsequently obtain credit via recognition of activities; these credits must be taken into account when formalizing enrollment.

  • Change in degree program and transfer of academic transcript

    1. In cases where it is possible for students to change their degree program, the student must petition the Center in charge of the curriculum, which will make a decision based on the criteria it has established.

    2. Students who wish to transfer their academic transcript to another university must apply for and obtain admission to the degree program in which they will continue their studies.

  • Special Final Year Examination Session

    1. Students who have not yet formalized their enrollment and who are no more than 30 credits away from completing their degree program may participate in a special examination session held in December, in which they will be tested on all subjects. Such students must proceed in one of the following manners:

    • enroll within the period assigned to them according to the enrollment schedule; then, in mid-November, they must register for the special Final Year examination session;

    • enroll within the period specifically indicated for students taking the special Final Year exam; this period usually opens in mid-November.

  • Issuance of Academic Transcripts and Diplomas

    • Academic transcripts may only refer to subjects whose records have been registered with the Office of the Registrar: that is, records signed by the instructor and submitted to the Office of the Registrar.

    • Requests for diplomas will only be accepted when all records needed to complete the student's studies have been registered with the Office of the Registrar, in accordance with the student's curriculum. The request will only be accepted for processing when this condition is met; a receipt may be issued as evidence that the fees for issuance of the diploma have been paid.