International Nursing Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This is a program designed to train nursing professionals with an international profile. The program consists of 60 ECTS taught in English amounting to 25% of the Degree and includes one month´s work experience in the Schools partner institutions abroad. Successful completion of the program entitles the student to the diploma.
The INP gives the students the opportunity to benefit from:
-Classes taught in English by bilingual professionals with considerable experience on an international level.
-Work experience abroad.
-Training that will enable them to work with culturally and ethnically diverse people and communities.
The program covers all four years of the Degree in Nursing. From the first year onwards, obligatory and optional courses in English are included in the curriculum, amounting to a total of 60 ECTS. Work experience abroad is organized during the summer vacations at the end of the second and third year.
In order to obtain the certificate for the International Nursing Program, the students have to submit an official certificate showing that they have achieved C1 level of English (CAE or equivalent) before February of fourth year.
High School transcripts and the results of the entrance examination are taken into account.
Students must produce evidence of English competence at B2 level or higher on the CFER.
The minimun record to access to the International Nursing Program will be, at least, 7 in the first year of high school.
REQUIREMENTS TO REMAINING IN THE PROGRAM
Students who enter the program must fulfill the following requirements in order to remain in the program in the second year:
- Obtain at least 51 ECTS in the first year.
- Obtain at least 111 ECTS in the second year.
· Foundation of Scientific Methodology in Health Sciences - 3 ECTS
· Nutrition and diet - 3 ECTS
· Adult Nursing Care II - 6 ECTS
· Community Nursing II - 3 ECTS
2nd to 3th Summer
· International Internship
3th to 4th summer:
· International Internship (optional)
· Management and Legislation II - 3 ECTS
· Palliative Care - 3 ECTS
· Optional 2: Presentations for nurses professionals - 3 ECTS
· Final Project Degree - 6 ECTS
· Participate in the Nursing Summer School