In the beginning, the School's work was carried out at the Cámara de Comptos building. Shortly thereafter, it moved to the premises of the current Museum of Navarre. Then, in 1963, it moved to the Central Building on the university campus. Finally, in 1992 it occupied its current building.
In its first year, Ismael Sánchez Bella, José Luis Murga, Jerónimo Martel, Rafael Aizpún Tuero, Ángel López Amo and Ángel García Dorronsoro were members of the School's academic staff. A few years later, this initial academic staff would be joined by faculty members Álvaro d'Ors, Amadeo de Fuenmayor, Francisco Sancho Rebullida and Jorge Carreras. Many others have since joined the academic staff, which has been characterized by the quality of its members.
In 1962, the government of Spain gave civil recognition to the study programs offered at the University of Navarra, thereby giving them full equal standing with those offered by state universities.
In 1957, the year in which the students from the first graduating class completed their studies, the different areas of research had already been consolidated, and the publication of handbooks and studies was initiated. The School invested in a library whose collections were at first modest, but have grown steadily over the course of more than 50 years.