Objectives and Competences
The specific objectives of the program are:
- To provide researchers with an educational base that allows them to analyze and identify the reasons and causes for the processes and facts that they study in an in-depth manner.
- To provide researchers with the tools and methods necessary for the analysis of the processes that made them possible, taking into account both aesthetic trends and technical advances, as well as economic and social aspects that led to changes and progress in this century.
- To provide the doctoral student with training in research methodology.
- To train students in aspects of design and implementation of research projects.
- To train the doctoral student to conduct research aimed at identifying new teaching procedures, in which the advantages and reasons for success discovered in the historical processes studied can be applied.
- To train the doctoral student to be able to prepare academic articles and studies that allow for the dissemination of knowledge about 20th century Spanish architecture, for the benefit of the whole society and the advancement of today’s architecture.
The Doctoral Program in History and Critical Analysis of 20th Century Spanish Architecture, in accordance with the provisions of article 5 of the Royal Decree 99/2011, from the 28th of January (BOE of February 10th, 2011), guarantees the doctoral candidate’s acquisition of the following competences.