SIM Cards

Many students bring their phones from home with them. If you wish to continue to use your phone make sure it is unlocked so that you can get a SIM from a phone company here in Spain.

There are two options for students who wish to do this. First you can get a pay as you go card where you can put in money in or if you have a Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero (TIE) you can apply for a contract. Please note that the contracts last for 18 months.

The pay as you go option is generally the most popular among students. You can add as little or as much as you want from 5 euros to more. You don´t need a bank account for this option and you can top up your phone at grocery stores, online, phone shops, and tobacco shops. Additionally, you can set up internet on pay as you go phones.

This is option is really important to keep in mind because in Spain, the main form of communication is through WhatsApp. It is far more widely used than texting. This can also be used internationally to connect with friends and family.

Companies in located near the campus are:

  • Vodafone

  • Movistar

  • Yoigo

  • Orange

  • MásMovíl

  • Among others

When making international calls make sure to keep in mind that the international access code 00 and that the Spain country code is 34.

More information

Gladys Núñez
International Relations Office

General contact:
Campus Universitario
31008 Pampona

+34 948 425600
Ext: 803459
For immigration information: