The basic requirements for applying for admission to the degree program are established by Royal Decree 412 of June 6, 2014, which sets out the basic regulations for admission procedures for official university degree programs, notwithstanding the other mechanisms for access stipulated in current regulations.
The School has established the admission criteria for this degree program. The academic record for the last two years of high school and the results of the entrance examination are taken into account. The entrance examination has two sections: A general knowledge test and a case study analysis.
The School also interviews candidates to provide them with orientation on the study options available. The interview focuses on candidates’ areas of interest and choosing their future academic advisor if they are admitted.
Students who are unable to arrange a personal interview can send letters of recommendation. These letters should be written by the student’s teachers or by a professional involved in the same professional or academic area as the degree program. However, for candidates in some countries, the School may be able to arrange personal interviews through University of Navarra professors on stays in those countries.
Spanish and EU applicants must take the tests in person on campus. International applicants may take them remotely (online). International applicants must take a Spanish language test.
For applicants undertaking the International Baccalaureate, the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Navarra offers two options for admission:
1. Ordinary admissions process: applicants must take the test for the corresponding School in person on the dates indicated. Applicants will be notified of the results in accordance with the deadlines set by the Admissions Office.
2. Direct admissions process: the grades obtained in the first year of the International Baccalaureate will be assessed. The minimum grade for admission is 29 points, and no higher-level subject should have a score of less than 5. Where there is doubt, the applicant’s grades from the last year in high school may be requested and/or the applicant may be required to attend a personal interview.
Each part is weighted as follows:
Academic record for high school diploma or equivalent: 60%
Entrance examinations: 40%
General Knowledge Test (20%)
Case Study Analysis (20%)
Interviews and letters are not taken into account in the admissions process for Spanish or international applicants.
Applicants whose education was not in English or whose native language is not English must provide proof that they hold level B2* in English.
Applicants whose education was not in Spanish or whose native language is not Spanish must provide proof that they hold level B2** of DELE (Diplomas in Spanish as a Foreign Language) or the equivalent when registering for subjects taught in Spanish. This registration requirement does not apply to key Spanish language subjects (for example, those taught by the University’s Institute of Spanish Language and Culture) that must be undertaken and passed by international applicants to allow them to acquire level B2 of DELE.
* A level of English equivalent to level 3 from the Escuela Oficial de Idiomas, Cambridge (First Certificate) and TOEFL (83 points in the IBT - Internet-Based Test - or 220 points in the CBT - Computer-Based Test) will be recognized. Applicants may also demonstrate their proficiency at this level by taking the examinations administered for this purpose by the University’s Institute of Spanish Language and Culture.
** International applicants who must demonstrate their Spanish proficiency may do so by passing the Cervantes Institute’s B2-level DELE exam or scoring between 540 and 670 on the SAT Subject Test in Spanish with Listening. They may also demonstrate their proficiency at this level by taking the examinations administered for this purpose by the University’s Institute of Spanish Language and Culture.
Each part is weighted as follows:
- Academic record for high school diploma or equivalent: 60%
- General Knowledge Test (20%)
- Case Study Analysis (20%)
Calculadora de Coste y Becas