International Student FAQ


Contacts and Prepared2

  • What is Prepared2?

    Prepared2 is a plan designed to get everything ready for your safe return to the University.

  • What does the International Relations Office do?

    The International Relations Office is a service for international students. They specialize in helping in immigration, exchange program management, ranking, and general international student services.

  • Who is the International Exchange Coordinator?

    There is an International Exchange Coordinator in every school on campus that will be able to help students who come to the university on exchange from their home university. The International Coordinator is responsible to help these students in all academic matters. Here is the list of the International Coordinators.

  • Ways to get in touch with the international team

    The international relations office is located in the central building next to the cafeteria. If you have any questions you can contact us through our email at or if you have questions about immigration you can contact us at


  • Is there a checklist of the things I should do?

    Here is an example of a general checklist. Keep in mind that this checklist is designed to be open for everyone and the general needs that you may have upon your arrival. Not everyone will need to check off every one of these items. If you have questions about what you will need to do before you arrive, please send us an email at

  • What should I pack?

    ​It is important to pack appropriately according to where you are going. Make sure to pack the essentials first like: 

    • Students Important documents: insurance (whole policy), passport, university, and medical documents.

    • All-weather minimalist clothing. (Please note that the on-campus dress code is business casual)

    • Adaptors and transformers.

    • Coat.

    • Laptop - Electronic gear.

    • Stationery.

    • Personalized Contact Sheet (insurance, landlord, roommates, etc).

    When packing your suitcase if you ́re short of space. These are easily found in local stores or shopping centers.

  • How to get to Pamplona and San Sebastian?

    Although Pamplona and San Sebastian do not receive the majority of incoming flights from other countries, there are still many ways to arrive. However, due to the current situation of the coronavirus, there are no flights into Spain.

    This question will be updated when there is new information.

  • What insurance should I get as a university student?


    European Union citizens should apply for their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) before traveling to Pamplona. When you show your EHIC, you will receive treatment under the same conditions and at the same cost (free in the case of Spain) as people insured in that country.

    Be aware that each country ́s healthcare system is different. Services that cost you nothing at home might NOT be free in another country. Also, take into account that this card does not provide coverage in some specific cases and only can be used in public health institutions.


    Students from all other countries beyond EU borders will need private insurance. We strongly recommend that students apply for insurance that guarantees international assistance before arrival in Pamplona for students who are going to study with us for a short time.

    Another option for insurance is to look for coverage within Spain if you are planning on staying in Spain for a longer period of time.

    The University of Navarra offers a global insurance policy for short term international students. You can find more information about this through our website (ESP).

    It is recommendable for long term students to seek options for insurance coverage here in Spain. If you are one of those students we recommend that you contact ACUNSA to check out the different options available to international students.

  • What do I need to do to travel?

    You need to have your immigration papers in order if that is appropriate to your situation. And make sure you contact the international relations team for any questions in relation to this at

  • I am registered to start the academic year 20/21 but I’m not sure that the governing authorities in my country will let me travel to Spain in September. Can I take online classes?

    At this point in time, the university is planning to continue with in-person classes with the safety measures put in place by Prepared2. However, for students who are unable to attend for immigration reasons, there is flexibility. Please contact your school coordinator for prepared2 and they will let you know about your options.

  • As an exchange student, will I have access to online classes?

    All academic measures will apply equally to all students, including exchange students. It will be important to keep an eye on the information of each subject in ADI. Each one will determine the measures that will be taken to provide online support for students.

  • Where can I find housing?

    There are many different types of housing options available to you during your stay in Pamplona. Each option will depend on your preferences and situation. Students here on exchange tend to live in apartments, as it can often be the most comfortable, provide more independence, and be a more affordable option. However many full-time students do choose to live in University residences, also known as Colegios Mayores. For more information check out our housing website.

  • What is the buddy program?

    This program is currently only available for exchange students. It matches new international students with current students at the University of Navarra. The buddy, a member of the International Committee, is here to help you get organized during your first weeks in Pamplona. With this program, you can get first-hand advice from students, some of whom are international students and have been in your position. You will also be in contact with them before arriving, so any question that you may have will be answered before you leave your country. If you would like to get assigned a buddy, please apply here.


  • What is the Extranjería Office?

    The Extranjería Office is the local immigration office that will process all of the legal documents for your residence in Pamplona and San Sebastian. This is mainly for students who are processing Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero (TIE) cards or Work Residence cards.

  • What is a VISA? And do I need one?

    A visa is normally obtained before your arrival in your home country through the embassy or consulate of Spain. You will only need one on the condition that you are a Non-European Union citizen or you do not have Spanish Nationality. Check here if you think you need one.

  • How can I get a VISA and does it need to be renewed?

    Visas can be obtained from the consulate or embassy of Spain in your home country. It does not need to be renewed. If you are planning on residing longer in Spain you will need to file for a Tarjeta de Residencia (TIE) card with a 90-day visa.

  • What is a TIE? And Do I need one?

    The TIE or Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero is a residency card that allows students to stay in Spain for 1 full year to study. You will only need one if you are a non-EU citizen that will be studying for one or more years at the University. Check here if you think you need one.

Upon Arrival

  • Who is my academic advisor?

    You will have 1 academic advisor per school. These advisors will help you with any academic concerns that you may have.

  • What is MiUNAV?

    MiUNAV is an online portal that provides you the ability to help you start with your admission process at the University.

  • What is ADI?

    ADI is an online platform that contains all of the online resources for your classes. The interactive web supports calendars, meetings, and even online classes as well as homework and exam support. 

  • How can I open a bank account in Spain?

    To open a bank account you need the TIE (Residency Card). There are banks that make exceptions and it is possible to open it with a passport such as Banco Santander (c/ La Rioja, 2).

  • ow can I get my student email account?

    Your email account will be given to you automatically once your class registration is complete.

  • How can I set up Wifi/Internet on campus?

    As a student at the University, you will have a university email address that will be useful for communicating with professors or your academic advisor and university staff. You will also have access to the internet from the computer labs, which are in all campus buildings. Wi-Fi is also available in many parts of the campus accessible by password and configuration of computer settings. Here are the instructions to set up your Wi-Fi.

  • Can I attend class online even if I'm in Pamplona?

    Classes will be held in-person. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your Prepared2 school representative.

  • Where can I study on Campus?

    There are three libraries on Campus:

    > Central Library (Humanities).

    > Sciences Library.

    > Architecture Library.

    The Sala de Lectura Isamel Sánchez Bella (Central Library) is the most popular with three large study rooms that are open to undergraduate students from 8:00 am -9:00 pm every weekday and Saturdays and from 10.00 am - 2.00 pm on Sundays. In the Central Library, you can also find other areas to work in group projects where talking is allowed.

    The Sciences Library is open every weekday and Saturdays from 8:00 am – 9:00 pm. On Sundays students can also study from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm in the Sala de Lectura at the Sciences Library. Please, note that during the exam period, the library will have extended hours. For more information check here.

  • How can I reserve a study room?

    The library offers an online reservation service. You can reserve your room here.

  • Where can I eat on Campus?

    ​There are many dining areas on campus where students, professors, employees; can enjoy getting a quick bite on Campus:

    > Central Building Cafeteria

    > Central Library Building Cafeteria

    > Architecture Building - Manolo

    > University Canteen (Comedores)

    > Science Building Cafeteria

    > Social Science Cafeteria (FCOM)

    > Law Building Cafeteria

Pamplona and UNAV

  • How safe is the campus?

    The University of Navarra hosts around 11,000 students each year and 25% of them are international.

    To ensure the safety of our students, the University of Navarra has enforced security systems with university police, university security offices in all buildings, and close relationships with local police. Our faculty and staff are well trained and knowledgeable about safety procedures and protocols. Pamplona and San Sebastian are known as some of Spain's safest cities. However, be sure to use your common sense and be aware of your surroundings.

    For more information about Prepared2´s focus on student safety check here.

  • What is there to do in Pamplona?

    ​You will see many traces of the past as you walk around Pamplona and San Sebastian and discover a fascinating mix of the old and the new. There are parks and gardens all over the cities with constant activities. There are theaters, museums and constant festivities. For more details check here

  • What activities can I do on Campus?

    If you like acting, singing, playing instruments, etc, and you want to be up-to-date on everything that goes on at the University, check out the Creative Campus.

  • What is culture shock?

    You may have gone through culture shock already. Culture shock is a feeling of uncertainty or anxiety that people experience when visiting or living abroad where there are clear differences between their new society and the society where they have chosen to visit. It happens when you are unfamiliar with local customs, language, and acceptable behavior.

  • Is there a Dress code?

    Appropriate wear would fall in the category of casual to business casual.

  • Can I get involved in volunteering?

    ​In Pamplona, we have our in-house volunteer group called Tantaka. Tantaka, basque for “one drop at a time”, is an association of volunteers made up of students and staff at the university. The broad spectrum of help serves the community through numerous projects. Join now!

    For further information, you can contact Tantaka at or check out the web page.