Campus Universitario 31009
Pamplona Navarra España
Architect in 2001. Doctor of Architecture (Extraordinary Prize) in 2006 from the University of Navarra. Accredited as Full Professor by ANECA in April 2015. Three six-year research periods recognized by the CNEAI (2003-2009, 2010-2015, 2016-2021). Currently, he is a professor and director of the Department of Construction, Installations and Structures at the School of Architecture of the University of Navarra.
I have carried out research of quality and international relevance in the two areas in which I have worked: structural steel and wood joints. I have been the principal investigator of competitive research projects, among which two projects of the Spanish National Plan and a European project stand out. I have directed various contracts and research projects with companies in the sector. Since the completion of my thesis, I have carried out research independently of my thesis supervisor and his group, leading the creation of my own line of research in a new non-existent area in the department, the structural wood joints.
I am currently internationally recognized within the world of wood engineering as one of the European experts in the design of structural joints. I belong to the Eurocode 5 Unions Working Group (CEN / TC250 / SC5 / WG5), as the only Spanish expert, and I have collaborated with Project Team 5 in the drafting of the future Eurocode 5 unions chapter, the final draft of which has It was concluded in April 2021, and which includes some of the models developed together with my doctoral student Miguel Yurrita to obtain the fragile capacity of joints. I have presented my work at the meetings of the International Network on Timber Engineering Research (INTER), the most prestigious world congress in the area of ¿¿wood engineering, which only admits about 20 presentations a year. For this reason, I belong to the INTER network, made up of speakers from previous years, which brings together the world's leading experts.
I remain active within the scientific community internationally. I have presented my work at many different national and international conferences. I have been personally invited to the Eastern Europe Conference on Timber Constructions EECTC, both in its first edition in 2018; and to the Second Forum on Wood Construction in Spain in 2022. I have been invited to participate in scientific committees of various international scientific congresses. The Swiss association Forum Holzbau, responsible for the largest annual congress on wood construction in Europe, contacted me to collaborate in the implementation of its subsidiary congress in Spain.
I regularly participate as an evaluator of various entities, such as the Spanish National Evaluation and Prospective Agency, and as a reviewer in various indexed journals, and I am a member of the editorial and scientific committee of two scientific journals.
- Estructuras I (GEA). Universidad de Navarra - Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura.
- Taller de construcción, instalaciones y estructuras (MUA). Universidad de Navarra - Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura.
- International Seminar I (Gestión del Proyecto Técnico). Universidad de Navarra - Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura.
- Trabajo Fin de Grado (Gestión del Proyecto Técnico). Universidad de Navarra - Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura.
- Structural Systems (GEA). Universidad de Navarra - Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura.
- Gestión de los materiales y los residuos (MDGAE). Universidad de Navarra - Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura.
- Estructuras II (GEA). Universidad de Navarra - Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura.
- Trabajo Fin de Grado (GEA). Universidad de Navarra - Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura.
- Física de la construcción (GEA). Universidad de Navarra - Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura.