Campus Universitario 31009
Pamplona Navarra España
El Prof. Jesús San-Miguel, es Director de Medicina Clínica y Traslacional de la Universidad de Navarra. Catedrático de Hematología, trabajó con anterioridad como Profesor y Jefe de Servicio de Hematología del Hospital Universitario de Salamanca y Director Científico del Instituto de Investigación Biomédica de Salamanca (IBSAL). Entre sus áreas de especialización destacan: el mieloma múltiple, Inmunofenotipo y factores pronósticos en leucemias y enfermedad mínima residual.
Jesús San-Miguel, MD., PhD, is a professor of medicine-hematology and Director of Clinical and Translational Medicine at the University of Navarra in Spain. He served as director of the Hematology Department of the University Hospital of Salamanca in Spain for more than 2 decades; also was President of the International Myeloma Society from 2012 until 2019.
Dr. San-Miguel has published over 933 original papers (860 in international journals). He has made important contributions to myeloma cell biology in areas such as immunophenotyping, risk of progression from monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance or smouldering MM into active MM, and minimal residual disease, as well as, making important contributions in the area of therapeutics, including studies for new antimyeloma drugs at the preclinical and clinical levels, including proteasome inhibitors, immunomodulatory drugs, and histone deacetylases.
He is a member of the Advisory Board of the International Myeloma Foundation and the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation. He has served as board councillor for the European Association, chairman of the Scientific Committee for the IXth Congress (2004), and president of the 15th European Hematology Association (EHA) Congress. He has been an associate editor for Blood and Hematologica. He has received numerous awards, including the Waldenstöm Award, EBMT Lecture, Celgene Career Achievement Award, Kyle Lifetime Achievement Award, Jose Carreras EHA Award, Ham-Wasserman Lecture Award, Michaeli Award, Rey Jaime I Award in Clinical Medicine, and the Spanish Prizes in both oncology and translational research.
H index: 119. Sum of times cited: 65.819. Average citations last five years: 5707. Articles in WoS: 933
Titles of five relevant publications
- Bortezomib plus melphalan and prednisone for initial treatment of multiple myeloma. San Miguel JF et al. N Engl J. Med. 359 (9):906-17, 2008.
- Lenalidomide plus dexamethasone for high-risk smoldering multiple myeloma. Mateos MV et al. ( San Miguel JF). N Engl J Med. 1;369(5):438-47, 2013.
- Daratumumab plus Bortezomib, Melphalan, and Prednisone for Untreated Myeloma. Mateos MV et al. (San-Miguel J); N Engl J Med. 378(6):518-528, 2018.
- Elotuzumab plus Pomalidomide and Dexamethasone for Multiple Myeloma. Dimopoulos MA, et al. ( San-Miguel J). N Engl J Med. 379(19):1811-1822, 2018.
- Idecabtagene Vicleucel in Relapsed and Refractory Multiple Myeloma. N Munshi ( San-Miguel J ) N.Engl J Med. 384(8): 705-716, 2021.