An Academic Semester or Year course is a great way to immerse yourself in the Spanish Language and Culture. You can choose Spanish Language and Spanish Culture subjects, such as Business Spanish or Spanish Art.
Semester courses are ideal for:
- All students that need to improve their level of Spanish language in order to start a program at the university
- International degrees
- Study Abroad students
- Erasmus and Exchange students
- Bridge Year students
- International Foundation Program students
- Visiting Scholars
All individuals that need Spanish for work or social purposes
This is a program that matches new international students with current students of the University of Navarra. The mentor is there to help you settle in during our first weeks in Pamplona. With this program you can get first hand advice from students, some of whom are international students and have been in your position. You will also be in contact with them before arriving, so any question that you may have will be answered before you leave your country.
If you would like to be assigned a mentor, please fill out the application form.
Certificate and credits
An official transcript by the Universidad de Navarra will be awarded to all students who complete the program.
Credit Recognition: 1 ECTS equals 10 h of instruction. Please consult with your advisor at your home university to assure the transfer of ECTS (European credits) to your credit system.
· Class Format: Most are lecture/discussion courses. Exams, personal dissertations and oral presentations
· Attendance: Attendance is mandatory and often taken into account for the final grade.
· Participation: Participation can count for up to 30% of the final grade
· Grading: Grades range from 0-10
0-4.9= Fail, 5-6.9= Pass (C), 7-8.9= Good (B), 9-10= Excellent (A), 9-10 MH= A with Honors
· Course load for local full time students: 30 ECTS/semester. No minimum or maximum workload is required.
· Examinations: Midterm Examinations are common, Final Examinations standard.
* Both regular semester and retake exams are compulsory to be taken at the University of Navarra
Tuition and fees
Admission fee (non Refundable): 90€
Registration fee: 95€
Academic fee: 151,97€ for credit ECTS
Payment can be made either by credit card (no additional charge) or international bank transfer. Students are responsible for any fees charged by host banks to complete the money transfer).